Mr. S. Olaganathan, President
D. Suseela Manuvel
- S.Olaganathan is an English major graduate and has two decade of experience in rural development with expertise in microfinance, livelihood promotion, and community institution building. Having served in senior level positions in development organisations and in the governance of Community owned business entities, currently he is a freelance development consultant.
Thomas K.Varghese, Secretary
- Mrs. Suseela is a school teacher by profession. She has worked in schools in Ramnathapuram areas and currently serves as a correspondent in an Arts and Science College in Ramanathpuram district
- Thomas has completed his Masters in English Literature and in NGO Management. He has eight years varied experience as a development professional in HIV/AIDS care and support, network management and community enterprise development. Functional responsibilities covered monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, data mining, donor relations, and capacity building of stakeholders. Currently he teaches in the American College, Madurai
Gnana Surabi Mani
- Vijayalakshmi has completed her Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy, and Women Studies. She has fifteen years of experience in the field of social work and community development with specific focus in women empowerment and microfinance. Currently she is the Director of Sudar Foundation, an organization supporting women's career in Madurai, South India.
T.R. Shyam Sunder
- Gnana Surabhi Mani has a Master of Arts [M.A.] degree. Formerly he was the Director of Resource Centre for People's Education and Development, an NGO based in Madurai, Tamilnadu. He has been in the field of social action and community development for more than three decades.
- Shyam Sundar has a B. Sc in statistics from the University of Madras (India) and an MBA from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura (Sri Lanka). He has more than 20 years experience in profit and non-profit sector and worked for ITDG, Colombo and Christian Aid, Chennai.
CORE STAFF TEAM
- Chandrasekeran, a qualified medical professional, has experience in both clinical and community health areas. In addition, he holds a Fellowship in HIV Medicine from Christian Medical College, Vellore, and training in Counseling and Psychotherapy. He is a qualified technical specialist and trainer in Reproductive health, STD, and HIV/AIDS. Currently works as Medical Manager in SAATHII, Chennai.
R.Thomas Peter, Director, has Masters degree in Sociology and child Care & Education, Post graduate Diploma in Community Health & Development, Community Health Management and Personnel Management & Labour Laws and more than 20 years experience in community health and development sectors in the capacities of field level project coordination and administration at field-cum-office levels being the supervisory and executive level functionary.
F.Giftson, Project Manager, Targeted Intervention Programme, has a Masters degree in Social Work with Psychiatry and counseling specialization and has more than two years of experience in the fields of Psychiatric counseling & HIV/AIDS.
S.SavariRosi, Counsellor has a Masters degree in Social Work with Psychiatry and counseling specialization with one year experience in the fields of Psychiatric counseling & HIV/AIDS.
C.Priyadharshini, Accountant and M&E, has a Masters degree in Computer Application and has done Tally Software Course in Accounting and has one and a half years of experience.
AIRD currently has seven full time outreach staff that coordinates the field activities with the support of Volunteers and Community leaders.
- Reji Chandra, a development consultant, has Masters Degree in Humanities and Social Science, and diploma in project management, and development documentation; and done an Executive Development Programme at INSEAD Business School. He has more than 20 years experience in development project management, training, and networking. He has facilitated thematic workshops, served as a consultant in many national and international assignments, and presented in international and national forums on development themes. Currently coordinates a team of development professionals.
- Francis, a chartered accountant, has BSc and an FCA with more than 20 years' experience in undertaking audits for both profit and non-profit sectors. He has been providing financial management support to many development projects and serving as a resource person for more than 15 years for Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP) and experienced in preparing business proposals and financials for business plans. He also co authored a book on "Economic Strengthening of Communities".